Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 14 - Your earliest memory.

My earliest memory is actually really early, and I can confirm the date because the memory is from a family vacation and my parents know exactly when that happened. I had just turned one year old. We went to the Upper Peninsula, to Munising, that summer. One of the things we did was go to Munising Falls. You can't do it anymore, but there used to be a ledge that went around and behind the waterfall, and you could walk around it. My memory is of walking behind the waterfall with my dad. I am right behind the falls in my memory, and my dad is holding my right hand while we are walking.
This was actually the only time I was able to walk behind the falls, because the park closed the ledge to visitors after that. There were a lot of rockfalls in the area that made it unsafe. The last time we were there, the ledge was so eroded away that no one could have walked around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment