Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 01 – Your current relationship, if single discuss how single life is.

I am definitely single right now. I've been single for almost 2.5 years, after spending 4 years in a really serious relationship. That relationship crashed and burned, and initially I was completely freaked out about being single again. I had this whole thing planned out, where I would be married by 25 and have kids before 35, and being put all the way back to square one really scared me. I was afraid that I would never get married or have kids and that I would always be alone.
Fast forward to now, and I'm really happy single. I'm at the point now where I would be open to having a relationship, but I'm cool with being by myself too. The way my life is heading, I don't even know if it will really be realistic to get into a serious relationship. I'm less concerned about marriage and kids now too. The more of my friends have kids, the more I realize that the whole pregnancy and childbirth thing really freaks me out. So the idea of adopting, which was always an option I considered, is fast becoming the better option in my head. And I don't have a biological clock running out when it comes to adoption. As for marriage, I would still like to get married, but I've come to enjoy the single life as well. I don't have to worry about another person and how they'll react/feel/think about what I do or who I am. It's actually kind of nice, and the idea of not ever getting married doesn't scare me anymore. My great aunt Barbara, whom I have always admired, never got married, and she had an incredible life. I've come to realize that I can have an incredible life too, with or without a life partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment