Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 02 – Where you'd like to be in 10 years.

This one is actually a little easier now. I'm starting graduate school this fall for a PhD in microbiology. The program takes 6 years on average, and I don't have any desire to rush through it, so after 6 years I'll have a PhD. 4 years after that I'll be on either post-doc one or two, depending on how that works out. If the job market sucks massively and I can't get a post-doc, then I'll probably be working at a biotech company somewhere since that at least guarantees a paycheck. The other option would be teaching at a community college, which maybe I could do at the same time as the biotech job if I have to.
Personally, it would be nice to be married but I'm not expecting it or pinning any hopes on it. I'll be 34 in ten years, so by that time I may be considering adopting a child assuming I have the money to do so. Otherwise, it will be me and my cat, who will be 14. And it will be excellent.

1 comment: