Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring Break

This will be my first post about Spring Break. I'll have a bunch of posts later with pictures in them once I upload them to my computer, but I can talk about it right now. The first half of Spring Break was boring, but on Thursday my parents got into town! The first thing we did was eat at Hickory Park, because we always eat there. Then we took a pilgrimage to Prairieland Herbs! My mum buys stuff from them online all the time, but she'd never been to the store so we all went there. It was nice and warm there and I got to pet their ponies! Then we went to Ledges State Park. I really like going to Ledges and I'd told my parents about it, but they'd never been there. Even though the trees aren't leafy and not a whole lot is blooming yet, it was still pretty and the day was nice and warm. Then on Friday we drove to Omaha. I had never been to Nebraska, so now I can add another state to my list. We went to the Omaha Zoo, and it was really cool! The coolest part was the nocturnal exhibit. They have the day-night cycle changed so that the nocturnal animals are awake while people can visit. It was really cool. On Saturday we went to the Des Moines Botanical Center. Again, the outside gardens weren't blooming much, but the inside was really nice and it was fun. Then my parents wanted to see Jordan Creek Mall, so we went there. Afterwards we ate at the Machine Shed. On Sunday we went to church, then we ate at Hickory Park again. Then my dad helped me get unstuck in my Zelda game, and then they had to go home. It was awesome to see them and hopefully I can see them again in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment