Saturday, March 24, 2012

Omaha Zoo Desert Dome

 This is the geodesic dome that the desert exhibits at the Omaha Zoo are in. It's a gigantic dome.
 This is a desert cat. It was very sleepy and ignored me while I took its picture. It was pretty cute though.
 There were five or six of these pretty birds. I wish we had more colorful birds like this in Iowa.
 I was able to get a close up of one of the pretty birds. They were really cool!
 This is some kind of funky bird with little thin legs. I don't remember exactly what it was called though.
 This desert deer was in the same enclosure as the meerkats. All these kids were freaking out at the meerkats, and the deer just stood there chewing something. It was very calm. So I took a picture of it because I liked it better than the meerkats.
 It's a kooaburra! I really want one. They are super pretty! My dad said they were all over the place when he visited Melbourne.
 Lynxes! I was lucky to get a shot of both of them together, because the one on the left was prowling around a lot.
Desert tortoises. Their shells are more colorful in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment