Tuesday, March 20, 2012

RIP Aunt Jan

My dad just called and told me that my great aunt Jan died this morning. I think I'm still in the shock phase. Last Friday my grandpa called and said that aunt Jan had a stroke but that they didn't know how serious it was. By that evening, she had several seizures and was pretty much brain dead. She had told my great uncle Harry not to keep her on life support if that happened, so since then we've been kind of waiting for her to die. I'm glad she didn't suffer for a long time, but it just seems so unreal. I saw her when I was home for Christmas and she was perfectly healthy. This is such a surprise. She was 82 but she looked so much younger than her age and seemed to be just fine in December, so it's kind of a shock that she's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment