Thursday, March 20, 2014

Seed Starting Round 1

I took a couple of days off of work this week so I could have a long weekend. As it just so happened, today was the major day to start a bunch of my seeds. I'd previously started my tomatoes a couple weeks prior in a fit of impatience, so I started off by transplanting the seedlings into plastic cups. I also moved my alpine strawberry seedlings into a bigger pot. Then I started working with my seeds. Today I sowed Sweet Basil, Dark Opal Basil, Sweet Marjoram, Cabbage, Chinese Lantern, Bee Balm, Chamomile, and common Milkweed.
Then later in the afternoon, the mail ran! I got a package of seeds from my awesome friend Katie. So I have more seeds to start tomorrow! I'll be sowing Crimson King Basil, Christmas Basil, Ground Cherry, Lamb's Ear, Lemon Balm, Black Moon pansies, and Bowles Black violas. She also sent me Black Velvet Nasturtium, which I have to wait to sow until after my last frost date, and Pink Banana seeds, which have to soak for a couple of days before I can sow them.
I love starting seeds! It's a lot of fun and very relaxing to me. I love watching and waiting for the seedlings to emerge. It's so cool to me that I can begin with tiny little seeds and end up with a load of food after nurturing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment