Sunday, March 30, 2014

New Succulents!

I recently bought several new succulent varieties off of my succulent wish list. They arrived last week and are nicely potted up and doing well, so here are some pictures!
 This first one is a Euphorbia milii, also known as Crown of Thorns. According to legend this is the plant that Jesus' crown of thorns was made of. The variety I bought has yellow flowers, but they also come in red!
 This is an Adenium arabicum. They make much bigger caudexes than Adenium obesum. The variety I bought is from Oman.
 This is an Astroloba foliolosa. I don't know a whole lot about these plants, but I bought it because it looks really cool! I like these funky columnar varieties.
 Here is a Haworthia nigra. It's the smallest of the plants I bought right now, but eventually will grow to be larger and more columnar. Hopefully it will thrive; apparently these guys can be very prone to root rot.
 This is a Haworthia viscosa, already branching and columnar. I really like these columnar varieties, they are just so cool!
Lastly, this is a Euphorbia bupleurifolia. It's also called the Pinecone Plant because its base looks like a pinecone. It actually prefers partial shade unlike some of the other Euphorbias.

No comments:

Post a Comment