Sunday, January 27, 2013

January Week 4

Another week is gone. I can't believe that there's only one more week left in January. The time is already flying by. This week was kind of frustrating at work because I'm still troubleshooting this one assay and it's just not working. I wish I could just be done with it but it has to get done. Hopefully this crap doesn't take too much longer. On a brighter note, Dan got an internship! It's paid and everything, and it sounds like it will be a really great opportunity for him. I'm thrilled and relieved because he needs it to graduate and I know he was nervous about finding one.
In other news, I tripped on the stairs while carrying laundry (good job, me) and thought I had pulled my left quad. Now I'm not sure it was the muscle at all, because the pain became that lovely tell-tale ache that means I messed up a ligament in my left knee. It's probably just a strain of some kind because taking acetaminophen and bracing it when it really hurts does seem to be helping. But if it's not feeling better by my next doctor's appointment in February I'll mention it and see what can be done. I hate having stupid joints.
It's been really cold this week, just ridiculously cold. Today it's warmer but there was freezing rain this morning so everything is coated in ice. Luckily it should melt because it's going to be above freezing for the next couple of days. Then it's going to get really cold again, of course. I wish the weather would decide because the constant up and down in temperature is just hell on my sinuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment