Sunday, January 6, 2013

First Week of 2013

The first week of 2013 is over. It was a pretty good week for me. I didn't go back to work until Thursday, so the first part of the week I spent relaxing and getting a few things done around the house. Then I spent two days at work where not a whole lot got done. I had to plate bacteria and then you just have to wait for them to grow, so there's not a lot to do except sit around. This week I'll have more to do so that will be better. I don't like being so busy that I'm overwhelmed, but I don't like sitting around doing nothing either.
Besides that, I weather stripped my patio door on Saturday. It was really drafty, so much so that I could feel cold air blowing in all the time and it was getting hard for the heater to keep it warm downstairs. I used the self-adhesive foam stripping because it's cheap and easy, and I'm renting so I'm not putting more money into this place than I absolutely need to. I can already tell that it's working so that was 4 bucks well spent. I also bought thermal blackout curtains for the patio door and those seem to be helpful too. Plus it makes me feel less weird about people maybe seeing inside the house. Then today I woke up and went to the gym and I feel all good. I used the elliptical because I slept weirdly on my ankle and it hurts, so I didn't want to do anything high impact. My ankle still hurts and it's annoying. Now I get to relax for the rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment