Monday, May 2, 2011

Trip to Ames the Second

So I went to Ames this past week to find and obtain the elusive apartment. I was nervous about doing this because trying to find a place in Maryland was painful, to say the least. I was not looking forward to the process.
Except that it ended up being the easiest thing in the universe. I had an appointment to see a couple of apartments in the College Creek complex, which is in west Ames off of Todd Drive. I found the apartment I wanted right there.
It's on the second floor and has a deck (awesome!). It's two bedrooms. The master bedroom has a gigantic walk-in closet. The kitchen has drawers (gasp!) and a gas stove that was installed after the fall of the Soviet Union, plus the usual microwave/refrigerator/dishwasher. There's a lot of natural light in the apartment, so it feels nice and airy. The place was remodeled only a few years ago, so all the doors and carpet are relatively new and not messed up. The place is $640 a month, plus electric. Cable and internets included as well. Having Memo will cost me an extra 20 bucks a month, but he's a good cat and worth it.
So anyways, it's awesome and a billionty times better than the dinky little efficiency I had in Maryland. I put the application and security deposit in, and I should know within the week if I am approved. I don't expect there to be any problems with me getting the place, but once it's finalized I'll be able to breathe a sigh of relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment