Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 20 - How important you think education is.

Education is incredibly important. I am a huge proponent of education beyond high school, whether at a four year college or a trade school. I think everyone needs to have skills so they can have a career, not just a job. In addition, I think people should learn more informally about whatever they want, just to be well-rounded and well-informed. Education should be a life-long pursuit.
In addition, education is important to me because of my ethnic background. Being part of an oppressed minority, it was drilled into me that education was my ticket to a better life, and my education would help not just myself, but also my entire people group. Being educated puts us on an equal footing, while not being educated just perpetuates the cycle of poverty and victimization.

No comments:

Post a Comment