Thursday, January 1, 2015

2014 Adenium Collection

Happy New Year, everyone! I hope your 2015 is an excellent year and that all your plants grow happily. I'm going to try and get all of my 2014 plant collections posted in the next month or two, before my thesis writing reaches epic proportions and eats all of my time. So to start off, this is a smaller collection of mine, the Adenium group, as well as one Adenia. 
 This is my Adenia glauca. It's looking a bit sad right now. I've just fertilized it in hopes that it just needs some nutrition, but who knows. It's not rotting, I know that so I'm not sure what the issue is.
 This is my Adenium arabicum. It actually has leaves at the moment. This plant is really sensitive to changes in temperature, light, or the vibes of the house because it will drop its leaves at a moment's notice.
 This is the top of one of my Adenium obesum seedlings. I started ten seeds, six germinated, and four plants have lived for about two years now. This is their second winter. Some of them are starting their leaf drop.
 Here's another seedling that has dropped most of its leaves for the winter. They grow back every spring so it isn't anything to worry about. Just stop watering them if there's no active leaf growth.
 Here's a closeup of the caudex of one of the seedlings. The reason I chose to try seeds instead of buying a cutting is because Adenium obesum cuttings don't usually get the big interesting caudex that seedlings do. I like the neat caudex so I decided to take the challenge of growing from seeds.
Here are the four seedlings that have made it to their second winter! Hopefully they will all make it and keep growing happily this upcoming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment