Saturday, September 6, 2014

Later Garden Updates

Hello everyone, sorry for the hiatus. I've been dealing with some busy grad school stuff and some personal health issues. So I'll be getting back to blogging regularly here. Here are some photos from late in August of my outdoor garden. Starting off, here's my chamomile below. It's gotten quite big. I'm very pleased that it's bloomed because last year I got nothing. 
Next up is a growing ear of Sacred Eagle corn. I took this picture because I thought the red streaks on the leaves surrounding the growing cob looked cool. This is my first year growing corn so even one ear is awesome for me. 
 These are some Nasturtium leaves. They taste kind of peppery. They're supposed to flower but mine haven't yet and I don't know if they will. But they taste good anyway. 
 These are dwarf Teddy Bear sunflowers. They're getting ready to open here. 
 This is a close-up shot of Astrantia blooms. My Astrantia has bloomed twice this year!
 Here's the same bloom a little further back so you can see the whole bloom spike. I guess Astrantia are hard to propagate from seed, so I don't know if I'll get to have this guy for more than a year, but it is very pretty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment