Wednesday, September 17, 2014

I keep buying succulents

I'm actually a few succulent posts behind! I just keep buying them. Succulents are my favorite kind of plants-I can grow them year round indoors and there are so many kinds. Lots of them are just plain weird and I love weird plants. 
 So this guy is a weird Adromischus that I found. I think the tag says it's an Adromischus mariane. I thought it was just interesting because it's brown and white. It makes little white-yellow flowers.
 This is my first Ferocactus! Ferocactus macrodiscus. I think Ferocactus is such a cool genus because they all look like they can kick your butt. I bought this one because of the red and yellow spines.
 This is an Aeonium arboreum. Hopefully you can see the reddish tinges on the leaves. Those appeared after living under grow lights for a little while! I like Aeoniums and I'm hoping to get a Swartzkopf eventually.
 Here's another crazy Adromischus-this one is A. cristata. I obviously bought it for the cristate puffy leaves. It's very soft to the touch too. It has been flowering as well recently and makes tiny little white flowers.
Here's my second Agave. This is Agave striata. I just liked it for some reason. I'm starting to get into Agaves so expect to see more!

No comments:

Post a Comment