Sunday, January 19, 2014

Winter is so slow

It feels like I haven't updated in forever, mostly because there's not a whole lot going on. Winter is the most boring time for gardening. But I do have a few new seeds starting. Today I sowed conophytum and agave stricta var. rubra seeds. These are some succulents that I recently learned about when reading my Timber Press succulents guide. I made an entire list of succulents I want! I was able to find seeds of these two so I bought them. Hopefully they will germinate and I will have some cool new plants. I also started a cactus mix from Baker Creek seeds.
They've already started germinating! I was expecting it to take longer before I saw some of the first babies. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they grow up into. I also started some alpine strawberry seeds but they haven't germinated yet. According the the packet they can take up to a month to germinate so I'm not concerned yet.
Speaking of my succulent shopping list, I'll go ahead and post it here. I have leads on where to buy some of these, but other I'm lost so far. If anyone is interested in trading/selling seeds or plants or knows where I can procure some of these, I'd be happy to know!

Succulent shopping list!

  • Crassula deltoidea
  • Orostachys spinosa
  • Euphorbia bupleurifolia
  • Euphorbia pubiglans
  • Euphorbia meloformis
  • Euphorbia milli
  • Pleiospilos spp. 
  • Faucaria tigrina
  • Adenium arabicum
  • Dorstenia lavranii
  • Aloe polyphylla
  • Haworthia retusa
  • Haworthia nigra
  • Haworthia viscosa
  • Astroloba foliolosa
  • Poellnitzia rubriflora
  • Gethyllis spp. 
  • Agave shawii
  • Puya alpestris

No comments:

Post a Comment