Sunday, November 10, 2013

Passiflora pruning?

So it's gotten quite cold here. Highs are going to be in the 30s this week. I'm not exactly thrilled. Earlier this week my heat broke sometime during the night. Thankfully the maintenance people were able to fix it right away, but that was not what I wanted to wake up to! I was completely paranoid about it getting too cold and killing some of my plants but they all made it just fine. I was probably worried for nothing.
I am a little confused about one thing, and that's what I'm supposed to do about my Passiflora caerulea. It's a hardy Passiflora so I've left it outside. It's dropped almost all of its leaves now. Do I prune it now? Or do I wait until the spring? I'm assuming I'm supposed to prune it back to the ground essentially, I'm just not sure when to do it. Any other gardeners know what I should do?

No comments:

Post a Comment