Thursday, November 14, 2013

More new plants!

My awesome friend Katie at Garden Hoard sent me a bunch of plants when I ordered some seeds! Here they are, I am very excited!

 First up is this cactus! It's a cutting from an older plant. I think it's an Opuntia but we're not sure. I like cacti a lot so I'm looking forward to this little guy getting bigger!
 This plant is not very common, but I love it already! It's called the Vicks Plant because it smells like Vicks VapoRub. They smell so good and you can make lots of cutting from them. They're a succulent and they are also soft and fuzzy, which is awesome.
This is a variegated Wandering Jew cutting. I really like how bright and purple the leaves get. Once this guy gets bigger he'll go in a hanging basket. 
Bonus picture! This one isn't from Katie, but from another friendly gardener I traded with. It's Kalanchoe 'Mother of Thousands' and those are some of the babies growing on the leaves. This is a neat plant from Madagascar!

No comments:

Post a Comment