Friday, October 18, 2013

Plant box!

I recently received a box of plants from a very kind member of All Things Plants in return for me paying the postage. I had asked for Mother of Thousands and received it and several extras just because!
 Here is Mother of Thousands. I have several small plants in this pot. 
This is the Mexican Hat variety of Mother of Thousands. They're little right now and so cute.  
 Callisia fragrans, also known as the Basket Plant. These guys make nice hanging baskets so they'll get moved to one eventually. 
 Golden Sedum, a succulent. 
 Baby Mexican Hat Mother of Thousands. They are so adorable!!!!
 Aloe juvenna babies. Also adorable. So many cute plants in this box!
I was so excited about this one in particular, and it was a total surprise. It's Jovibarba "Sundancer" variety. It's similar to sempervivum and is a hardy succulent, and it's gorgeous!!! I've wanted one as soon as I read about them for the first time. 
I love plant trading so much! Right now I don't have a lot to give, but there are many generous people willing to trade seeds and plants for the cost of postage or a SASE. Once I have plants to give, I'll be doing the same thing. The online gardening world is full of wonderful people who just want to spread the plants they love to whoever wants them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment