Monday, January 10, 2011

1.10.2011

Today we moved out of Steve's lab and into Dr. Bepler's lab. I am so relieved to be off the eighth floor. It was getting too awkward and really weird and dramatic. I don't really want to talk shit about people, but I will say that some people could benefit from acting like adults. It was not fun sitting there wondering what people were thinking and saying when I hadn't done anything wrong. But it's all over now, and I'm on the sixth floor. I met all of Dr. Bepler's lab people and they all seem really nice. Dr. Bepler is really nice too-he wrote a letter of recommendation for me when Steve refused to. I'm looking forward to the rest of my tenure at Karmanos now.
As for my grandfather, he's out of the hospital and at home. He has extensive stage small cell lung cancer, which is the kind people usually get from smoking and definitely the crappiest kind of lung cancer to get. He chose to try chemotherapy, which he starts tomorrow, but it is not nice chemo and I'm really concerned that it will actually shorten his life. But I'm glad that he's not in the hospital anymore, because I would hate to die in a hospital. It's rough on my grandmother. It's rough on all of us, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment