Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Olbrich Botanical Gardens: Outdoor Gardens

I'm late to this post, but here are the photos from the outdoor portion of the Olbrich Botanical Gardens. It was raining for part of this so I didn't get to spend as much time there as I wanted.
 Pretty allium flowers. They make the loveliest globes of purple blossoms. So nice!


 They had a lot of potted arrangements that were pretty. Lots of petunias and coleus.



 These are Nasturtium leaves! Nasturtium makes pretty flowers and are edible too!


 Here's a view of one of the fountain areas. You can see it was kind of grey and cloudy.

 It's hard to see but this was a field full of different kinds of tulips! There were a lot of colors.
 As it started raining hard, we saw this pagoda in the distance...and so we ran for it!
 But here's some closer pictures of those neat tulips first! See how pretty they are?
 Oh, and here are some snowdrops! These are so delicate and pretty too. I want to grow them.
 And another arrangement, including some decorative kale and pansies. Very colorful.
 Here's the inside of the pagoda! We took shelter for the rain here until it let up.
 The view from inside the pagoda. It was very beautiful inside and out.

 Lily of the valley!!! I think these are just beautiful and I want to grow them so badly!

 Here's more of those tulips. The whole field was just grass and tulips. It was pretty cool.
 There was a little waterfall up here. No koi in the pond here, though!
 This is a Redbud tree. I had never seen these until I moved to Iowa. They are so pretty and flower pretty early in spring, so they're kind of a harbinger that winter is really over.

I forget if these were bluebells or a flower called Dutchman's breeches or pantaloons or something like that, but they are blue and very pretty too.

Now that I've gotten all my pictures from May up, I'll start slogging through my summer pictures. They're mostly on my phone, so it might be a pain for me to upload them. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment