Saturday, July 12, 2014

Garden Bits and Bobs

I've spent the past week on vacation so not a lot has gone on in my garden. We've had a lot of rain in the past month which for the most part has been good for the garden. Everything is growing fairly well. My cockscomb and amaranth are still growing very slowly but I'm hoping they will take off soon. My Chinese Lantern are also behind, but that's because they were sown late. A lot of my tomatoes are getting ready to ripen or growing, so I'm excited. They will be delicious! It's also time for me to harvest some of my basil.
Here's a nice picture of my impatiens! They have been attracting butterflies. I saw an enormous orange butterfly on them last week. I'd never seen that kind of butterfly before. I think it was a Tawny Emperor but it flew away before I could get a photo so I'm not positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment