Sunday, June 15, 2014

Garden Update: June

I have some recent pictures from my garden to share! So here they are. 
 This is my first ground cherry flower bud! I've never grown ground cherries before so this was exciting to see. The plant looks a lot like a tomato and obviously so do the flowers.
 Several of my tomato varieties have flowers! These are from my Purple Bumblebee plant. As of today they are actually done flowering and are making tomatoes-they are about the size of a pea right now.
 Here's my cabbage plant. This is another experiment. I think some of these bigger leaves are ready to pick and eat. I think it got warm very quickly so this cabbage may not be doing as well as it should be.
 This is a new variety of basil that I'm trying this year-it's called Crimson King, for obvious reasons. These plants are looking really strong so I expect a lot of basil from them.
 This is another new type of basil for me. This variety is called 'Christmas.' These guys are also looking pretty healthy.
 These are amaranth sprouts. They are taking forever to grow-I probably should thin them. Hopefully they take off soon.
 Here's something I'm growing for the bees-this is lemon balm. It smells like lemons when you touch the leaves. I need to figure out how to use it because these guys are growing really well.
 I bought these plants because my mugwort died :( So to fill the pot I grabbed three kinds of sage! In the front is purple sage, in the back left is golden sage, and in the back right is tricolor sage.
 Here's the first half of the garden. You can see my deck is mostly filled up with pots and there isn't a lot of room to move around!
And here's the other half! Hopefully I'll start getting some good harvests soon. I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment