Tuesday, March 12, 2013

First Week of March

I think this post should be for the first week of March. I'm all discombobulated with time and Daylight Savings going into effect last Saturday. The most exciting thing that happened last week was that I got all of my seeds sown! I went to Earl May on Saturday to get seed starting supplies. It was raining and gross so I decided to come back for the actual pots and soil I'll use when my plants go outside. For the moment, I bought some seed starting mix, trays to start in, a nice plastic top that keeps it humid over the trays, and a heating mat for the seeds. Then I planted everything. Today I noticed the basil has sprouted! I have four different kinds of basil coming up and I'm excited that they're germinating already. It means I did it right at least, so hopefully everything else will germinate in the next couple of weeks. I also planted some houseplants but I sowed those straight into the pots they'll grow in. They're a little harder to keep wet enough but I think they'll work out. So far everything seems to be doing okay without a grow light but I can always go get one if I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment