Sunday, September 16, 2012

Bits n' Bobs

There isn't a whole lot of news since I last wrote. Leo has assimilated well into the family. He and Memo are getting along well. I haven't caught them snuggling yet, but they will sit next to each other and watch 'cat TV' out the window. They like to tussle with each other but it's friendly and pretty cute actually. I'm really glad I brought Leo home. He and Memo make my house all happy and fluffy.
Work is going. I'm feeling ambivalent about school again. I really want to get my degree and then start working again. I think I'm just wanting to move on with my life and being in school makes me feel stuck, like I have to wait to do things like make money, buy a house, and all that. I'm sure I'll feel better in a little while, but right now I definitely wish that a genie would show up, hand me my degree, and leave. Too bad that thesis genies don't exist!
My running has been slow. A couple weeks ago I wore nice shoes to work and had the nastiest blisters. Then it got hot. But today I went out for a run and I feel really good. I'm still fat and I still can't run more than half a mile without stopping, but I feel good and I'm going to use that feeling to keep going. I'm hoping in a couple weeks I'll be able to make the whole mile without slowing down to a walk. I don't care about how slowly I run right now, it's all about being able to do it at all.
In other news, I just ordered some Lithops plants. They are really cool succulents and I'm hoping that I can get them to grow inside. I really like plants! I need to go to Lowe's and get a bunch of pots and herb seeds or plants so I can start an herb garden too. I might wait until spring to do that so I can grow them outside, so for now I'm getting more houseplants. Houseplants are freaking awesome. If anyone has suggestions on what plants would be good to grow, tell me!

2 comments:

  1. Pothos plants are really awesome! They do great in almost all house conditions. So do peace lilies. Jades are nice house plants, as are African violets, but both of those need good sun (the jade more so than the African violet, which really needs the east sun with a lot of humidity). I have had horrible luck with ivys. Mine always get mites and die. Other than that I lurv houseplants too!

    Oh noes about the running! Do you think you'll still be able to do Race for the Cure?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay pothos! I'll look into those. I definitely try to get succulents and plants that will go a couple of weeks without water in case I forget. I will still be able to do Race for the Cure! Even if I'm slow as hell, LOL.

    ReplyDelete